Meghalaya

Meghalaya News. Latest News and Updates from Meghalaya. Latest North East News, Photos and Videos from The Mileage. Breaking News Today from North East.

Meghalaya: Extends night curfew, ban on inter-state movement of people till June 30.

Meghalaya: Extends night curfew, ban on inter-state movement of people till June 30.

The Meghalaya government has extended the night curfew from 9 pm to 5 am till June 30, officials said on Sunday. The night curfew was to be in force till Monday. The state government has also extended the ban on inter-state movement of people till June 30, they said. "District deputy commissioners have been asked to issue extension of night curfew orders and directives to extend ban on inter-state movement of people," a senior government official told .The official orders, however, will not apply to security forces, medical teams on duty, wholesale and retail pharmacies and other essential services, he…
Read More
Modi seeks help to Manmohan, Pranab, Mamata

Modi seeks help to Manmohan, Pranab, Mamata

The whole world is fighting with the deadly coronavirus epidemic and India so. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called two former President and two Prime Ministers of the country seeking advice on the fight against the virus. A source at the Indian Prime Minister's Office confirmed the information. Narendra Modi also spoke to West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee about combating Coronavirus. He also spoke to the chief ministers of several other states and heads of almost all political parties. According to a source at the Prime Minister's Office, the Indian news agency ANI said that Prime Minister Modi…
Read More
North Korea insists it is free of coronavirus

North Korea insists it is free of coronavirus

North Korea remains totally free of the coronavirus, a senior health official in Pyongyang has insisted, despite mounting scepticism overseas as confirmed global infections near one million. The already isolated, nuclear-armed North quickly shut down its borders in January after the virus was first detected in neighbouring China, and imposed strict containment measures. Pak Myong Su, director of the anti-epidemic department of the North's Central Emergency Anti-epidemic Headquarters, insisted that the efforts had been completely successful. "Not one single person has been infected with the novel coronavirus in our country so far," Pak told AFP.
Read More
UK’s prince Charles out of self-isolation and in good health

UK’s prince Charles out of self-isolation and in good health

British heir-to-the-throne prince Charles, who had tested positive for coronavirus, is out of self-isolation after seven days and is in good health, his spokesman said on Monday. Last week, his Clarence House office revealed that Charles, 71, had been tested after displaying mild symptoms of the virus and had been in self-isolation at his Birkhall home in Scotland where he had continued to work. After consultation with his physician, he is now out of self-isolation, Clarence House said. He will resume meetings and take exercise in accordance with government and medical guidelines. However, his wife Camilla, who tested negative for…
Read More